Sunday, November 4, 2012

Vegetable Cannelloni



Have you ever made your weekly purchasing on Saturday? I know it´s terrible! The stores are crowded and queues suck! But sometimes waiting is an advantage, because at cash desks are things like the magazine “Meine Familie & Ich”. I bought the magazine because the cover is with a lot of Christmas cookies! Yummy!  I think it´s too early to bake some Christmas cookies. But in the magazine are a lot of other recipes. 



 In “Meine Familie & Ich” is a booklet, with a lot of cheap and quick recipes. Therefore it´s perfect for students! The vegetable cannelloni affected me a lot. So today I tried to make some cannelloni. :-) The Pictures in this booklet are delicious, but I was afraid that´s doesn´t look the same.  




Ingredients:
-          1 onion
-          1 clove of garlic
-          1 zucchini
-          1 pepper
-          2 carrots
-          2 tomatoes
-          Olive oil
-          200 g gouda and one mozzarella
         250 g cannelloni

       béchamel sauce:
-          1 tsp butter
-          1 tsp flour
-          Salt, pepper
-          1-2 tsp oregano
-          500 ml milk
-         

How to make cannelloni – step by step:

 Step 1: clean the vegetable with water and cut into bite-size pieces


Step 2: braise lightly the vegetable in a pan for ca. 5 minutes
Step 3:  leave to cool down and put tomates and cheese into the vegetable

Step 4: fill the vegetable-mix into the cannelloni and put it into a oiled oven dish
Step 5: Put the sauce over the cannelloni and take some cheese


Step 6: Put the oven on 180 degree and put the cannelloni in it for 30 minutes

My result:  Yes, it´s cheap but not really quick. It´s complicated to do the vegetable into the cannelloni. I convert the recipe a little bit for example I used other vegetable and the sauce was a little bit boring, so I prefer more spices. And I used gouda and mozzarella, too. It tastes incredible, but looked not perfect. Therefore it´s not the best meal for guests.




Love, Pia <3

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    To be honest, I did already bake christmas cookies last week - and I didn't regret it! ;D Maybe it really is early, but I couldn't wait any longer.

    To me, Canneloni generally are too complicated. Putting the filling in them is too much work. I prefer other kinds of pasta :)

    ReplyDelete