Monday, November 19, 2012

Christmas time is coming

As promised, yesterday I baked the first Christmas cookies of this year! Slowly my Christmas mood is coming and of course this includes cookies –but no, I didn´t hear Christmas songs in this time, it´s still too early. ;-) 

I decided to bake some vanilla crescents and nut wedges. Before baking I had to buy some baking supplies. Certainly I bought the ingredients for the cookies, but especially for the vanilla crescents, I needed a baking dish. Accidental on Saturday I was in the town and descried these wonderful brown vanilla crescents baking dishes at Tchibo. Every year, Tchibo has a lot of awesome baking supplies. I could to buy a lot, but it´s not really cheap. The dish costs about 9.95€, I think it´s ok. Here you can find the offer of Tchibo:  https://www.tchibo.de/ 


Moreover I bought these great cookie cans. I found these at Ikea. For three pieces I have paid 6.95 €.
 But back to the cookies! I found the recipes on Brigitte.de. Look here: http://www.brigitte.de/rezepte/rezepte/nussecken and http://www.brigitte.de/rezepte/rezepte/vanillekipferl
The recipes are very advisable, because the instruction is simple and you can do it easily. The only one, what resent me, it wastes a lot of time to bake cookies. I spent the whole morning with this baking action. But the result is fantastic – therefore it is worthwhile. I haven´t took pictures of all the steps. The first reason is that the instruction of Brigitte.de is very easy and the second reason is that my hands were all the time sticky with dough. So I hope you will enjoy the photos of the results!




At the beginning of December I will bake more cookies with different varieties, because cookies are a great present for the whole family and friends. 
 
Have you already baked cookies yet? And which kinds of cookies have you baked?

Love, Pia <3

1 comment:

  1. Your vanilla crescents and nut wedges look splendid! I would love to try some. I'm sure they taste as awesome as they look. I wish I was better at baking or cooking. When it comes to this I am really retarded. I tried to make star-shaped cinnamon biscuits once, but in the end they were more like throwing stars. Adamantine and dangerous!

    Next weekend or the weekend after that I will meet with a friend and together we want to give it another try. Plus we also want to make cake pops. Let's see whether it will work out :D

    Love,
    J.

    http://wardrobetoneverland.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete