Sunday, December 16, 2012

Meal made from leftovers

Do you know that? The refrigerator is empty and you haven´t got enough time or pleasure to go to supermarket. That was my problem yesterday and I think it´s a common problem of students.  So, I was a little bit creative and created a meal made from leftovers – I called it sausages gulag. Because my leftovers were sausages, two sorts of vegetable and a half pack of noodles. To my mind these products are often left. The other ingredients are products rather you have in your kitchen. But later I will tell you more. Have a look which ingredients I used for this simple and quick meal. Besides it´s simple for men, too and tastes similar to more difficult recipes.





Handy hint:
Before a view weeks I read an article about Ajvar. It´s a paste of pepper and eggplants and it’s from the Balkan. Ajvar is perfect to flavor sauces, because every meal with tomato sauce tastes better with this ingredient. Ajvar is a little bit spicy and has an orange color. So, try it for your next meal!

Ingredients:
1 onion
1 pepper
1 zucchini or other vegetables you like
2 sausages
Sieved tomatoes
Salt/pepper/bell pepper powder
Noodles
2-3 tbsp. crème légère
1-2 tbsp. Ajvar

Step 1: take onion, pepper, zucchini, sausages and cut all into bite-size pieces
Step 2: put these ingredients into a pan and steam the vegetable for circa five minutes
Step 3: put the sausages to the vegetables and steam it for 10 minutes – in this time you can cook the noodles
Step 4: put the sieved tomatoes and Ajvar in the pan and let it simmer – if you like, put some peas to the meal. It looks very nice


 Step 5: Put the crème légère, pepper, salt to it and let it simmer for more 10 minutes
 Step 6: Put the noodles to the sauce and infuse it for 2 minutes

Finished, it’s a perfect student meal – so if your refrigerator is empty next time, I hope you will remember this recipe.

Love, Pia <3

1 comment:

  1. Haha, will try it! Thanks for the tip! Btw all of your pictures are amazing, it reminds me again why I love food :D

    ReplyDelete